Understand influence marketing and how it can bolster your marketing strategy
All right, picture this: You’re walking down the street. You’re hungry. You pass a restaurant and the owner, who just so happens to be standing there, says, “Our food is wonderful. You must try it!” Are you stopping to eat?
Okay, rewind. Same scenario. Except this time you’re walking down the street with your best friend. You walk past the restaurant and your friend says, “This restaurant has the best food. You have to try it!” Are you stopping to eat now? Who are you more likely to believe?
The difference between direct marketing and influencer marketing is simply that, influence.
The Numbers Don’t Lie.
People trust the opinions of influencers:
- 70 percent of teenage YouTube subscribers trust influencer opinions over traditional celebrities. (Source)
- 86 percent of women turn to social networks before making a purchase. (Source)
- 71 percent of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on a social media reference. (Source)
- 86 percent of the most-viewed beauty videos on YouTube were made by influencers, compared to 14 percent by beauty brands, themselves. Beauty video views have increased 65 percent year over year. (Source)
Great. So, how do I find influencers?
You can’t. But, you can make it easier for current customers to influence their friends. So, where do you start?
- Remarketing: Often people focus all their money and effort on driving traffic to their website. But what happens after they leave? Does your relationship end? It shouldn't
- Engagement: Are you communicating with you past & current customers? Are you engaging them or are you waiting for them to engage you?
- Incentives: Do you have a lead generation program to encourage & reward behaviors? Are you reactivating influencers that have fallen off the map?
- Reviews/Feedback: Sometimes the best form of engagement is reviews. They’re great for communicating directly with your customers and they can give you invaluable insight into your business.
Now that the idea of influencers isn’t so elusive, don’t let your outreach campaign slip by the wayside. Contact 10 Pound Gorilla today to help find and engage your top influencers. It is what we do. We offer one time and monthly packages to build your business. Get in touch here.